Athletic Trainers are licensed by the State of Illinois as healthcare professionals who optimize care for their patient's safe return to activity and participation. Athletic training encompasses the prevention, 治疗, and intervention of emergency, 急性, and chronic medical conditions involving impairment, functional limitations, 和残疾.
New Trier Township High School District 203 uses BrainCheck to assess student-athletes for baseline data related to concussions. Below are some reasons for the transition.
- BrainCheck can be administered using a laptop, desktop, or iPad
- ImPact testing requires a laptop or desktop computer only.
- New Trier has significantly reduced the number of computer labs at each campus.
- Use of iPads allows for the ability to test a large number of students at one time.
- 学生 could perform the BrainCheck test remotely.
- BrainCheck is compatible with 运动医学 Electronic Medical Records, SportsWare.
Computerized Cognitive Assessment Aid
- BrainCheck is a Computerized Cognitive Assessment Aid. This prescribed device uses an individual's score(s) on a multitude of cognitive tasks to provide an interpretation of their current level of cognitive function. It is registered as a Class II medical device with the U.S. Food and Drug 政府 (FDA) (Registration number: 3014129043), 类似于ImPACT.
- BrainCheck is a diagnostic aid used by the clinician, not a stand-alone diagnostic, 类似于ImPACT.